1. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Self-assessment Tax Returns
- We will prepare your self-assessment tax return on an annual basis. We will prepare these using the information you provide us.
- On completion, we will forward details of your tax return to you for approval and signature.
- Once you have checked and agreed the figures we have prepared, we will then submit your signed self-assessment tax return to HMRC. This will be subject to our fee being paid in full.
- We will check your assessments, raise appeals on your behalf and advise you of the payments of tax as required.
- Wherever necessary we will deal with any queries raised on your tax return by the Inspector of Taxes and negotiate with the Revenue on any queries of taxation, interest or penalties which may arise. Please remember this is an ongoing process, and the timescales of completion are largely dependent upon the Inland Revenue.
- We will not undertake an audit nor will we be responsible for any expense claims omitted from your books and records or income of any nature similarly omitted.
- Any books and records received from you at our office, providing they are complete, straight forward and in good order before the 1st November will be turned around, including bookkeeping and tax return preparation in FOUR WEEKS. However they will be treated in strict order on a first come first served basis, in order to be fair to all our clients equally. For any emergency situations with time sensitive turnarounds, contact us directly here firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 1st November to 31st January, we will not be able to guarantee service times. This is purely due to an increase in the volume we deal with. This is particularly prominent in the last week of January. However we will always endeavour to maintain the high levels of service and speed our clients have to come expect from us.
- All queries, loss of profits and especially tax returns etc, will be treated in strict order on a first come, first served basis in order to be fair to everyone.
- All phone call queries will also be dealt with in strict order of receipt, once again to ensure fairness to every client.
Requests for information
Due to a huge increase in requests for information and help for Bank and Landlord References, Working or Child Tax Credit, Child and Housing benefit problems, loss of Profit etc. We are occasionally asked to provide figures for these. As much as we are willing to aid with these requests, in most of these situations clients have been asked for their figures which we have already provided on the Computation Report, sent to you with your tax return.
Therefore we are quite often being asked to re-produce, at our expense, new originals of accounts or reports that we have already produced and sent. In those situations, we have had to implement a small admin charge of £7 for re-issuing reports or accounts that have already been sent and received by the client.
2. Your responsibilities
- You should supply us with complete books and records ensuring all expenses are detailed together with full details of any other sources of income arising within the tax return period.
- You should inform us of any change of employment status when it arises.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your self-assessment tax return figures are complete and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. This responsibility cannot be delegated to an agent. The responsibility for the detection of irregularities rests with yourselves.
- We have a nil tolerance policy on verbal abuse to staff members. Tax and money can produce an emotional response in some people so we always exercise a high level of patience to our clients and their financial issues. However we reserve the right to terminate telephone calls and/or resign ourselves should our staff be subjected to any form of abuse whatsoever, including foul language, racist or sexist remarks regardless of whomever they are aimed at.
3. Help to give you the best service
- We continually provide the best possible service to our clients. If you would like to discuss how our service could be improved please let us know by telephoning the office contacting us at email@example.com.
- We will always do our best to ask all the right questions, but if you do not tell us all the relevant information about your situation we cannot give you the fullest and frankest advice. If your circumstances change, there may be an effect on your taxation position. Again if you do not tell us we cannot help.
- Timing is also very important. There are strict deadlines for many claims, elections and notifications. If these expire there is often little that can be done. If you tell us about a situation too late we may be powerless to help.
- We endeavour to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and do all we can to explain the current position to you. We will do everything reasonable to put any issues right as quickly as possible. Your prompt communication enables us to take prompt action for your benefit.
- We reserve the right (at our discretion) to withdraw our enquiry and investigation services where we deem that books and records are insufficient, missing or irregular.
Please advise us if the contents stated above are not in accordance with your understanding of our terms of appointment. If however, our understanding of the position is correct, we would request that you sign and date a hard copy of declaration.